Print Friendly Recipe
- Vanilla Custard Sauce to top Souffle
Serves/Makes:1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) vanille extract
- In a small, heavy bottomed saucepan, bring the milk and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl.
- While whisking, add the hot milk slowly.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and whisk rapidly over the heat for several seconds.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- The sauce should have thickened enough to lightly coat a spoon.
- If the sauce if too thin, return the pan to the heat and whisk several seconds more.
- This procedure should take less than 10 seconds.
- Strain the sauce into a bowl and flavor with the vanilla.
- Serve atop the souffle
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.