Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:allow 1/3 lb. per serving
- beef tenderloin
- salt pork or bacon
- Remove surplus fat and skin from fillet of beef.
- Lard it with narrow strips of salt pork or bacon.
- Fold over the ends of the fillet and secure with string or skewers.
- Season with salt (1/2 tsp (2 ml). of salt per lb.) and pepper.
- Dredge with flour.
- Salt and pepper again.
- Place on a rack in roasting pan in 500 degree (250 C.) oven.
- Place a piece of salt pork or bacon in the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the fillet for 20-30 minutes only, according to its size.
- A fillet of beef, prepared as directed, may also be roasted in a slow oven at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 20-25 minutes per pound.
- Do not cover or baste.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.