Print Friendly Recipe
- Talk About Good II, Jr. League of Lafayette, Louisiana 1979
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). shrimp, shelled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) fat
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 4 cups (950 ml) stock (shrimp, ham, or chicken)
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 dozen oysters
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked chicken, diced
- 6 cups (1425 ml) cooked rice
- hearts of celery
- Put shrimp in pan and cover with cold water; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until shrimp are tender; about 5 minutes; drain, saving stock.
- Melt fat in a pan and stir in flour.
- Blend in hot stock, vegetables and oysters and simmer a few minutes until tender.
- Add shrimp, ham, chicken and rice.
- Stir until piping hot.
- Turn onto a hot platter and decorate with parsley, hearts of celery, radishes and scallions.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.