Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) to 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil or melted shortening
- Beat eggs.
- Blend in buttermilk, soda, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- By hand, beat in flour and oil.
- Cook on griddle (which has been lightly greased or sprayed with cooking spray) on medium heat.
- When bubbles form on tops of pancakes turn over to cook other side, checking to make sure pancakes do not burn.
- If pancakes darken before bubbles form, turn down heat.
- Serve with butter and syrup or jelly or powdered sugar.
- My daughter loves to sprinkle these with chocolate chips as they cook, my son would rather sprinkle them with blueberries.
I think they are great just plain!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.