Print Friendly Recipe
- 12 large oysters
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- seasoned bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- tarter or cocktail sauce
- Preheat deep fryer to 375 degrees (200 C.) (or pour about a half inch of cooking oil in a deep frying pan).
- Drain oysters (shucked, in jars are fine).
- Dry them between paper towells.
- Beat together egg and water.
- Dip oysters in egg mixture, then in bread crumbs.
- Dip in egg a second time and again in bread crumbs.
- Let dry for about 1/2 hour.
- Fry in deep fryer for about 4 minutes.
- If using frying pan, fry until first side is brown and then turn over to brown other side.
- Serve with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.