Print Friendly Recipe
- The Encyclopedia of Herbs, Spices & Flavorings-A Cook's Compendium:
- by Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz, Dorling Kindersley, Inc. New York 1992
- Savoring Spices and Herbs, recipe secrets of flavor, aroma and color:
- by Julie Sahni, William Morrow and Company, Inc. New York 1996
- There are many guides available.
- These are but two of the herb and spice guides on my shelf. The DK (Dorling Kindersley) book will tell you more than you needed to know about more spices than you knew existed--and all with gorgeous pictures and some recipe suggestions.
The Julie Sahni book has shorter descriptions and few pictures but very tasty recipes. It depends on the format you're looking for. Visit your local bookstore or checkout our Marketplace and place an order online with Amazon.com.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.