Print Friendly Recipe
- A lovely and filling summery salad dish that is good even without the chicken!
- D. Lishus
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) of lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) olive oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). chopped garlic
- 2 tsp (10 ml). dried tarragon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dried oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). ground mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). honey
- salt and pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts, grilled or cooked your favorite way and shredded
- 3 cups (700 ml) cooked brown rice
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). chopped garlic
- 2 large zucchini, washed and sliced into 1/2 circles, about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) mung bean sprouts, washed (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken broth or veggie stock
- garnish: toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Whisk together the first seven ingredients very well, adding salt and pepper to taste, and chill or set aside while you assemble the salad.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and saute the garlic, red pepper, and onions for a few minutes, until soft.
- Add the zucchini and broth and continue to cook until the zucchini are almost done, but still crispy.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked brown rice, the shredded chicken and the sauteed vegetables.
- Toss well with the reserved dressing and add the sprouts.
- This is a lactose-free recipe. Serve at room temperature with some nice bread and enjoy!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.