Print Friendly Recipe
- my own recipe by delclaude
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 medium turnip
- 5 to 6 carrots
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 large spanish onion
- 6 oz (168 grm). grated romano or parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). of spaghetti broken into 1" pieces, cooked and drained
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried basil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) celery seed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) rosemary
- 1 tsp (5 ml). thyme
- Sautee garlic in oil in large frying pan or medium soup pot, 1 to 2 minutes until golden, then remove and discard.
- Add peeled, diced turnip to oil and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add peeled, diced carrots to turnips and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add peeled and diced squash to mixture and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add peeled and diced onion to mixture and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add peeled and diced(large florets quartered) cauliflowers to pan,sprinkle herbs over vegetables,add cup of wine or water, cover and sautee 5 to 7 minutes, until vegetables are 2/3 done.
- While this is cooking, put 3 quarts (2850 ml) of water in large soup pot, heat, add tomato paste, stir until dissolved.
- Also in the meantime cook 1/2 lb (.2 kg). of spaghetti and drain.
- Add cooked vegetables and spaghetti to soup water, stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add grated cheese and serve.
- Vegetables stay firm with this way of cooking.
You can add 1 to 2 T. of butter while vegetables are sauteing.
Also, you can add 1 to 2 T. of basil to soup water while it is heating.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.