Print Friendly Recipe
- Joe Craft II
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 large fryer chicken
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 large onion
- salt, pepper, and sage to taste
- 2 eggs
- Boil large fryer, cool, debone and set aside.
- Set broth in fridge until cold.
- Remove fat from top.
- Chop one bunch of celery and one large onion and cook slowly in chicken fat.
- Add the chicken broth (rewarmed).
- Add salt,pepper,and sage to taste.
- Add 2 parts cornbread and 1 part whitebread, mix until smooth.
- Add 2 beaten eggs.
- Mix until the right consistency.
- Add chicken and cook in slow-cooker on HIGH setting about 2 hours.
- Better if made a day ahead and can be frozen for a few weeks.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.