Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:18 or more
- Write your fun "Destinies" or strips of paper first.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) melted butter
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) all purpose flour, sifted
- Grease baking trays well and mark 3 inch circles.
- Place egg whites in bowl, whisk till turning frothy, and continue whisking whilst adding icing sugar and butter.
- Mix in flour with spatula or large spoon to make a smooth batter.
- Rest batter 15 minutes whilst you preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Place 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) batter onto each circle and spread with a small spatula to fill circle.
- Bake one tray at a time at 350 degrees (175 C.) until just slightly brown at the edges, about 5 -8 minutes.
- Working quickly, remove cookie from tray with a palette knife, place fortune in center, fold in half then dent long side over sharp object to get the traditional shape.
- Cool on racks.
- Note: I haven't tried this recipe yet though I keep meaning to. I got it from a recipe book which has proved pretty reliable so I hope they're OK. It is hard to describe the shaping process, but if you look at a bought one you'll see exactly what happens. There are diagrams in the book but it is no good on email! Have fun............
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.