Print Friendly Recipe
- Excellent dinner served over rolls
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). beef stew meat
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) bottled barbecue sauce
- 6 French rolls, halved
- In crock pot, combine kidney beans, pinto beans, Great Northern beans, green peppers, and onions.
- Top with beef.
- Pour 1 cup (225 ml) barbecue sauce over all.
- Do not mix.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting 1 hour.
- Reduce heat setting to low and cook, covered 5 hours.
- Remove cover and stir in remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) barbecue sauce.
- Cook uncovered 1/2 to 1 hour longer.
- Serve over split French rolls.
- We usually double the beans and use 1 pound beef.
Tip -- Do not use barbecue sauce that contains dehydrated vegetables.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.