Print Friendly Recipe
- Beef enchiladas the easy way - using all the shortcuts and ending up with all the flavor!
- D. Lishus
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 2 cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 can refried beans
- 4 cups (950 ml) (approximately) shredded cheese - cheddar, monterey jack or combination
- 8 to 10 corn tortillas
- lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, jalapenos - whatever you like on yours!
- Heat 2 tbsp (30 ml). oil in large skillet and cook onions and ground beef.
- While that's cooking, combine the enchilada sauce and refried beans in a sauce pan and heat gently, stirring together to mix.
- After beef is browned and onions are softened, add about 1/2 enchilada sauce mixture to beef, not too saucy, so perhaps less than half - you decide.
- Soften a corn tortilla in some hot oil, and put in a handful of cheese, and top with a couple spoonfuls of beef mixture.
- Roll up and place in a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Repeat this process with remaining tortillas, beef and cheese, but save two to three cups of cheese for topping.
- After all the enchiladas are rolled and fit into dish, pour the remaining portion of enchilada sauce-refried bean mixture all over; sprinkle with two to three cups of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 25-30 min.
- Serve these with the lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, jalepenos and something extra special would some guacamole - Muy Bueno!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.