Print Friendly Recipe
- Beautiful soup from Virginia
- D. Lishus
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1 quart (950 ml) milk (preferably part milk and part 1/2 and 1/2 cream)
- 2 tsp (10 ml). instant chicken bouillion granules
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 4-oz. jar button mushrooms, halved
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and pepper and, stirring constantly, cook over low heat for one minute.
- Gradually stir in milk/cream.
- Add bouillion granules and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in chicken, almonds and mushrooms.
- Stir often and cook until heated through.
- This is what you have been looking for - enjoy!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.