Print Friendly Recipe
- A healthy Chinese stir-fry recipe
- D. Lishus
- 1 lb (.5 kg). boneless,skinless chicken breast meat, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dry sherry
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp(heaping) fresh grated ginger root
- garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 oz (112 grm). button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- grated rind of 2 lemons
- couple of pinches of sugar
- fresh lemon slices for garnish
- Mix the chicken meat with the cornstarch until all is lightly coated (you may need a bit more).
- Season with garlic powder,salt and pepper.
- Mix chicken with sherry, green onion and ginger;add a pinch or two of sugar and toss well to combine.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in wok or deep frying pan until oil is hot, med-high heat.
- Add the celery, mushrooms and pepper.
- Stir fry for one minute.
- Add chicken and marinade and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and lemon rind and cook another minute more.
- Pile onto large dish and serve, garnishing with lemon slices.
- Wonderful with steamed brown rice and steamed broccoli - yumm.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.