Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken fillets
- 1/2 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated strong cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) strong parmesan or romano cheese
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- melted butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sesame seeds
- pinch paprika
- Flatten chicken fillets with a mallet until an even thickness.
- Spread each chicken fillet with 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) dijon mustard, then sprinkle each fillet with 1/4 of the finely chopped onion.
- Mix together the cheeses, then place 1/4 of mixture at the short end of each fillet.
- Roll up chicken fillet to enclose filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in a heavy based pan and gently cook chicken until almost done and lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Lay a sheet of filo on your workbench and brush with melted butter, cover with another sheet, brush with melted butter and cover with the third sheet.
- Repeat with remaining three sheets.
- Remove toothpicks from chicken rolls (make sure you get them all!), and position each chicken roll in one corner of the layered filo sheets.
- Spread each chicken roll with remaining dijon mustard, then sprinkle with remaining garlic and cheese mixture.
- Roll up firmly, tucking the ends in as you go.
- Brush with remaining melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds, parsley and a little paprika.
- Place chicken on a non-stick oven tray seam side down, and bake in a moderate oven approximately 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and pastry is golden brown.
- This is excellent served with steamed asparagus, honeyed carrots, baby
squash and new potatoes. I hope you enjoy my little creation!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.