Print Friendly Recipe
- Award winning recipe from Gonzales, LA - Jambalaya capital of the world!
- D. Lishus
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lb (.5 kg). smoked pure pork sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 8-oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 can stewed whole tomatoes
- 2 cups (475 ml) rice, raw
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter
- salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and hot sauce for seasoning
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Heat butter in a large pot over med-high heat and brown chicken quickly over high heat to seal in juices, but not cooking through - about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside; add garlic, onion and bell pepper to pot.
- Add tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add reserved chicken and sausage and cook until chicken is tender and cooked through, over low heat.
- Add raw rice and green onions; stir ingredients well.
- Add enough hot water to cover everything, about 1 inch over.
- Bring to boil and cover and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes, or until rice is nice and tender.
- Season more and add hot sauce to your desire.
- Enjoy with friends, family and music.
- The aroma and flavors will attract people from all ends of the world - a wonderful dish for everyone.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.