Print Friendly Recipe
- Prickly Pear
Serves/Makes:8 or more servings
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 3 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c butter
- 3 oz (84 grm) cream cheese
- 1/3 c milk
- 1/2 c preserves--any flavor you choose
- sliced almonds
- powdered sugar glaze
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cut in butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Blend in milk.
- Knead 8-10 times on lightly floured surface.
- On cookie sheet sprayed with PAM roll dough into a 12 X 8" rectangle.
- Spread preserves down center third of dough.
- Make 2 1/2" cuts at 1" intervals on sides.
- Fold strips over filling, alternating sides.
- Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes.
- Drizzle the warm coffee cake with simple powdered sugar glaze.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Makes an impressive presentation and always goes over well.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.