Print Friendly Recipe
- Gourmet French grilled cheese sandwich with tomato, herbs and different cheeses.
- D. Lishus
- 2 slices thick and crusty sourdough french bread
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- tomato slices
- cream cheese
- dried basil
- garlic powder
- Begin by very lightly toasting the bread and butter them on one side each.
- On one slice, spread a thick layer of cream cheese on the unbuttered side.
- On the other slice, spread a layer of mayonnaise on the other unbuttered side.
- Put a slice of Swiss cheese on the cream cheese and a slice of provolone on the mayonnaise.
- Put some tomato on one of the sides and season both with a bit of dried basil and garlic powder.
- Put the two pieces together, tomato and cheese in the middle, pressing down gently to hold together.
- In a shallow bowl, have the beaten egg and put the sandwich in the egg.
- Let soak a few seconds and turn over to soak the other side.
- Heat some butter in a frying pan until hot and fry the sandwich until nice and golden brown on both sides and cheeses are melted in the middle.
- Serve immediately and eat with knife and fork.
- I suggest doubleing the recipe and making a couple, especially if there is anyone around - it will dissappear instantly.
Warning: Highly addictive!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.