Print Friendly Recipe
- Mark White
Serves/Makes:4 Cajuns or 12 Regular Folks!
- Large pot (6 quart)
- 1 cup (225 ml) extra light olive oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) white onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced garlic (from jar) or 2 cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch (5 or 6 stalks) scallions, chopped (aka: green onions)
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh parsley, chopped (or 1/4 cup (60 ml) dried)
- 1 cup (225 ml) green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). smoked beef sausage, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups (700 ml) uncooked long grain rice
- 5 cups (1175 ml) chicken broth, preheated
- Cut everything up ahead of time.
- Set stove to MED-HI.
- In a 6 quarts (5675 ml) pot, add olive oil.
- Add the onions and stir.
- Cook until the onions start to turn clear.
- Add the garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and stir.
- Add scallions, parsley, bell peppers and stir.
- Add sausage, chicken, rice and pre-heated chicken broth.
- Set stove to HI and bring to boil then turn down to simmer.
- Cover pot and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with some warmed buttered garlic bread of your choice.
Add Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste, if desired.
Acquired from Justin Wilson's tv show.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.