Print Friendly Recipe
- Low Calorie Chicken Breast Meal
- Pat Doherty
- 1 14-1/2 oz (406 grm). can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz (224 grm). water
- 1 packet of Lipton onion soup
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet.
- Quickly brown chicken breasts on each side.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 5 min.
- Mix canned tomatoes, water and 1 packet of Lipton onion soup together.
- Add this mixture to skillet, baste chicken and cover.
- Cook chicken on medium heat for 10 min.
- Turn chicken over, baste and uncover.
- Cook for another 10 - 15 minutes depending on thickness of chicken breasts.
- Sauce should be reduced by half. Make sure it doesn't evaporate entirely.
Great served with couscous. I use Near East brand. Cooks up in 5 min. and doesn't require any oil or butter in cooking process.
Reheats nicely, so it can be made ahead.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.