Print Friendly Recipe
- A nice compliment to baked ham.
Serves/Makes:2 1/2 c.
- 1 30 oz (840 grm). can fruit cocktail
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) currant jelly
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sherry or port wine
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- Drain fruit cocktail, reserving 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) juice.
- Combine drained juice, orange juice concentrate, jelly, wine and ginger in saucepan.
- Heat until jelly melts, stirring occasionally.
- Blend cornstarch and lemon juice until smooth and combine with helly mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Add fruit cocktail to thickened sauce and heat 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with ham.
- Sauce (before addition of fruit cocktail) may be used as a baste during the last 15 minutes of time that the ham is baking.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.