Print Friendly Recipe
- Preserving Peppers in Oil
- Vicky Bryant
Serves/Makes:3 or more half pints
- 2 pounds assorted peppers
- coarse salt
- 6 garlic cloves
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
- 12 peppercorns
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- olive oil to cover
- DAY ONE:
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the ribs and seeds.
- If using hot peppers wear gloves so you do not burn your hands.
- Dry the peppers on a clean towel, cut in strips.
- Place them in large bowl, sprinkle with coarse salt - let drain overnight.
- DAY TWO:
- Dry peppers again.
- Add garlic, mint, peppercorns and salt.
- Pack in hot sterilized jars.
- Cover completely with oil and seal immediately.
- Keep in cool place or process in a hot-water bath for 15 minutes.
- You can use mild, hot, or a variety of peppers in this recipe. Hope this helps.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.