Print Friendly Recipe
- Vicky Bryant
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 7 tbsp (100 ml) Hershey's Cocoa, divided
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In bowl, stir together 3/4 cup (175 ml) granulated sugar, flour, 3 tbsp (45 ml) cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into ungreased 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar, brown sugar and remaining 4 tbsp (60 ml) cocoa.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water over top - DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Let stand 15 minutes; spoon into dessert dishes.
- Spoon sauce from bottom of pan over top
- Serve with whipped cream, or ice cream, or in a bowl with milk poured over it like we did as children
- I thought this was some long-lost recipe that I would never have again because my mother always made it. Then, the box-reader that I am, found it on a box of Hershey's Cocoa - LOL - I guess everyone's secret recipe.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.