Print Friendly Recipe
- Myra Waldo's Round-the-World Cookbook
- 10 egg yolks
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) powdered sugar
- 3 cups (700 ml) ground Brazil nuts
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brandy
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) bread crumbs
- 10 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) coffee essence
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) confectioners' sugar
- Beat the egg yolks in a bowl.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until thick.
- Add the nuts, salt, brandy, and bread crumbs, mixing well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the mixture.
- Butter a 10 inch spring-form pan and dust lightly with bread crumbs.
- Pour the batter into it.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the oven with the heat off and the door open for 5 minutes after it is finished baking.
- Cool for 2 hours.
- Remove from the form.
- Split the cake.
- Whip the cream and add the coffee essence and confectioners' sugar, mixing lightly.
- Spread some of the cream between the halves and place the rest on top.
- Some sliced or chopped Brazil nuts may be sprinkled on top if desired.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.