Print Friendly Recipe
- Diabetic Menus, Meals And Recipes (1949)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml). cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 egg
- 1 grain saccharin
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- Scald one and a quarter cups milk.
- Mix salt and cornstarch with one quarter cup cold milk and stir until smooth.
- Beat egg until light and frothy.
- Add scalded milk slowly to the beaten egg and cornstarch mixture.
- Cook over boiling water until mixture coats the spoon.
- Remove from the fire.
- Add vanilla and saccharin and stir until saccharin is dissolved.
- Food Value Of 1/4 Recipe: C 6.6 grams; Prot 4.6 grams; Fat 5.1 grams; Cal 91.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.