Print Friendly Recipe
- Diabetic Menus, Meals And Recipes (1949)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream (20%)
- 1/4 grain saccharin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). vanilla
- salt to taste
- Beat egg, add cream, saccharin which has been dissolved in a small amount of hot water, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix and pour into individual custard cups.
- Set cups in a pan of hot water and baked in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven until done.
- The custard is done when a silver knife inserted into the middle of the custard is clean when removed.
- Note: Milk may be substituted for the cream to reduce the fat content.
- Food Value Entire Recipe: C 4.8 grams; Prot 9.6 grams; Fat 30 grams; Cal 328
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.