Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 whole chicken (or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cumin
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) rice, uncooked
- 5 oz (140 grm). frozen corn (or 1 can Niblets or shoepeg)
- 1 to 2 cans chopped green chiles
- 4 to 5 fresh tomatoes, chopped (in winter, canned have worked fine)
- chopped green onion
- tortilla chips
- grated chedder cheese
- Place chicken, water, salt and pepper, onion and cumin in a 4 qt. pot and cook for one hour.
- Remove chicken from pot, saving broth.
- If using a whole chicken, debone and remove skin.
- Chop or dice chicken in bite-size pieces.
- Return chicken to pot and add rize, corn, green chiles and tomatoes.
- Let simmer until heated through and rice is cooked.
- Serve in soup bowls over tortilla chips and topped with grated chedder cheese and chopped green onions.
- For Christmas eve, we always invite friends over and have a soup buffet with Chicken Chile, Oyster Stew, and Minestrone--something for everyone!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.