Print Friendly Recipe
- mhb from nj
- 1 lb (.5 kg) boneless lamb cut into cubes
- 1 medium to large onion cut into thin wedges
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt(optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground black pepper
- 2 c beef broth
- 2 c water
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes(2 cups)
- 1 medium turnip,peeled and chopped(1 cup)
- 1 9 oz (252 grm) package of frozen cut green beans
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried oregano
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven combine lamb,onion, bayleaf,salt..if using, pepper, beef broth and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about an hour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Adjust the seasonings and serve.
- This recipe was adapted from BETTER HOMES and GARDENS....SOUPS & STEWS cook book.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.