Print Friendly Recipe
- Full-bodied and flavorful cheese soup that gets its extra "kick" from the addition of beer
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 2 fat cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- dash white pepper
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) half-n-half
- 1 cup (225 ml) beer
- 1 lb (.5 kg). shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large soup pot or saucepan, melt butter over med-high heat.
- Whisk in flour, and whisk very well to create a smoothe consistency.
- Cook for 1 minute and stir constantly until smoothe and bubbly.
- Add the garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and white pepper; blend well.
- Gradually stir in the broth, beer and half-n-half, stirring constantly until thickened, over lowish heat.
- Blend in the shredded cheese, stirring constantly.
- Heat gently until all melted, but do not allow to boil; cook slowly and stir well.
- Serve immediately; season to taste, if desired.
- Serve with buttered rolls or home-made croutons.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.