Print Friendly Recipe
- Wonderful cheese soup with a hint of applejuice that adds a beautiful sweetness to the yummy creaminess!
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) half-n-half
- 4 cups (950 ml) Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (225 ml) apple juice
- Melt butter in large soup pot or saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute onion until very soft and a golden color - a few minutes will do.
- Whisk in flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk and half-n-half; stirring constantly until thickened.
- Gradually add cheese; stir until melted and combined.
- Whisk in juice; heat thoroughly, gently stirring, over low heat, careful not to boil.
- Serve at once and enjoy!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.