Print Friendly Recipe
- Chuck N
Serves/Makes:2 1/2 lbs.
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). lean ground pork butt
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) dry basil, or 1/4 tsp (1 ml) fresh
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) dry oregano, or 1/4 tsp (1 ml) fresh
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) hot red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml) fennel seed--up to 1 tbsp (15 ml). if you like dominant fennel flavor
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) beef or chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley, with stems removed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) rosemary, crushed (more or less to taste)
- casings (water packed. They should NOT be packed in salt, get fresh casings from the butcher)
- Buy lean butt or even leaner cut of pork.
- Trim all visible fat from the outside, then cube, removing the interior fat.
- Coarse grind and remove any gristle, cartilage and veins of fat.
- Grind again then add dry seasonings and blend by hand to mix thouroughly.
- Add stock and mix again by hand.
- Stuff into casings.
- Hope this is what you are looking for. It's the only recipe out of 22 that had any rosemary in it. Now that I have it I think I'll give it a try.
Thanks for requesting it. Never heard of rosemary in ANY sausage.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.