Print Friendly Recipe
- Crab in a creamy sauce served over a bed of delicious curried almond rice.
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 4 drops Tabasco (hot pepper sauce), or more to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) evaporated milk (can use regular)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) half-n-half
- 2 packages immitation/frozen crab meat, or about 2 cups (475 ml) fresh (fresh is always better, but the mock crab meat holds wonderful flavor in this dish)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) blanched almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) curry powder
- 3 cups (700 ml) hot cooked rice
- Melt butter in large saucepan over med-high heat.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter for few minutes or until a bit soft.
- Add tomatoes, worchestershire, tobasco, and seasonings, including the sugar.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in the flour, stirring to blend.
- Gradually whisk or stir in the milk and the half-n-half and simmer until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add crabmeat and simmer 10 minutes.
- In separate saucepan, melt remaining 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter and saute almonds with curry powder; saute until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add the rice, mixing well.
- Serve sauce and crab over rice.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.