Print Friendly Recipe
- Tasty chile with chicken and spices and topped with cheese that is simple to prepare.
- olive oil
- 1 lb (.5 kg). chicken breast meat, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chicken broth
- 1 4-oz. can chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried cilantro
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 15-oz. can white beans (any kind is fine)
- chopped green onions - for garnish
- shredded monterey jack cheese - for garnish
- Heat some oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over med-high heat.
- Add chicken and onions (add one chopped green onion, reserve more for garnish) and cook for about five minutes.
- Stir in the broth and all the seasonings; simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer for five more minutes.
- Serve immediately sprinkling with plenty of cheese and green onions.
- Serve with some hot buttery flour tortillas and some pico de gallo sauce and sour cream for a fabulous Southwestern style meal.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.