Print Friendly Recipe
- Simple and delicious salad that combines different spices and flavors with common ingredients.
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4" rounds
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) olive oil
- 2-1/4 tsp (10 ml) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- Steam or cook carrots in salted boiling water until crisp tender, about eight minutes; drain well.
- In large heavy skillet, stir oil and seasonings until warm and aromatic, about a minute.
- Add carrots and then the water and vinegar.
- Simmer over medium heat until liquid is absorbed, about five minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Cool and mix in cilantro.
- Serve at room temperature.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.