Print Friendly Recipe
- Beefsteak strips baked in a burgundy sauce in the oven.
- Sawtooth Ranch
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). boneless round tip steak or flank steak
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) seasoned salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 cup (225 ml) red Burgundy wine
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) beef broth (or more if needed)
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). can mushrooms
- potatoes (optional)
- carrots (optional)
- parsnips (optional)
- cooked rice or noodles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Cut the meat into 12 strips, 2 inches thick an 4 inches wide.
- Combine the flour with the seasonings and coat the meat with it.
- In a medium skillet, saute the meat in the butter.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the meat to a 3-quart casserole.
- Saute the onion in the skillet until soft but not browned adding additional butter if necessary.
- Add to the meat with the Burgundy and beef broth to cover.
- Bake covered 1 hour.
- Add the mushrooms and bake 20 minutes more or until the meat is tender.
- NOTE: Halfway through the cooking time, potatoes, carrots, and parsnips may be added, if desired.
- This recipe comes from the excellent cookbook,"The All Beef Cookbook", compiled and tested by the American National Cowbelles, Inc. 1973.
It may be served over cooked rice or noodles.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.