Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:one 9-inch pie
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1 (1-lb.) can sliced peaches
- 1-1/2 pints pistachio, or butter pecan ice cream, softened
- Few drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) frozen lemonade concentrate
- Baked 9-inch pastry shell
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) currant jelly
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix gelatin and sugar.
- Add water to syrup from peaches to make it 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) liquid; mix with gelatin.
- Heat gently until gelatin is dissolved, stirring.
- Add softened ice cream by spoonfuls, stirring until melted.
- Add green food coloring and lemonade concentrate; mix.
- Chill in refrigerator about 15 minutes or until mixture is almost firm.
- Beat with electric mixer or rotary beater until fluffy and filling mounds slightly.
- Pour into cooled pastry shell; chill until firm.
- Heat currant jelly in a small saucepan until jelly is melted, stirring.
- Cool until it is partially thickened.
- Arrange drained peach slices on top of filling; brush the currant jelly over peaches.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts; chill.
- This pie would be great served on St. Patrick's Day or any other day of the year.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.