Print Friendly Recipe
- Corned beef and vegetables ready when you come home for your St. Patrick's Day dinner.
- 1 3 lb (1.4 kg). corned beef (or more if you have a large size crockpot)
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 3-4" pieces
- 5 medium-sized russet potatoes, peeled and each cut into eight pieces
- 2 stalks celery, washed and cut into 3-4" pieces
- 1 head green cabbage (optional)
- Buy the corned beef appropriate for your size crockpot.
- Spray crockpot with vegetable spray (i.e. Pam).
- Trim excess fat from corned beef.
- Place corned beef in crock (I throw away they seasoning packet).
- Top corned beef with chopped vegetables.
- Cover with water.
- Cook on low setting or automatic if your crockpot has that setting.
- Cut cabbage into wedges and place on top of stew during last half hour of cooking or steam separately just until crisp tender.
- Serve in large flat bowls or rimmed plates so you you can have the broth with your potatoes.
- Easiest St. Patrick's Day dinner there is. Serve with Irish Soda Bread or just some nice bread or rolls and a green salad.
I dice the meat and vegetables that are leftover and return them to the broth for corned beef soup the next day.
No additional salt is usually needed.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.