Print Friendly Recipe
- Tender chicken pieces simmered in a delicately spiced coconut milk.
- d. lishus
- 1 chicken, cut into serving pieces
- salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- juice of a lemon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon rind (optional)
- oil for cooking (coconut, if available, or any will do)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried ginger powder, or 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh minced ginger
- 2 cups (475 ml) coconut cream/milk
- Generously rub chicken with seasonings and marinate in lemon juice and rind for at least one hour.
- Heat a few tbsp oil in large pot over med-high heat and saute onions and garlic and a few minutes, until soft and golden.
- Add chicken and continue to stir and cook until nearly done.
- Reduce heat and add the sugar, ginger and tomatoes and cook a few minutes.
- Add coconut milk and simmer over low heat until sauce thickens and chicken is fully cooked, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot with rice.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.