Print Friendly Recipe
- from mhb from nj
Serves/Makes:3 or more
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) blanched almonds, slivered and toasted
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) mayonnaise(can be low fat)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt(optional)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) or more freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). curry powder (or 2 tsp (10 ml).)
- Mix chicken, celery, almonds and onion in a bowl.
- Combine maynnaise with lemon juice, pepper, salt(if using) and curry powder.
- Stir into chicken mixture.
- Serve on crisp leaf lettuce or on toast points of whole wheat or as a sandwich.
- adapted from PASS THE PLATE COOKBOOK
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.