Print Friendly Recipe
- Chicken and Rice seasoned with Saffron
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). chicken pieces
- 2 tsp (10 ml). saffron
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). pepper
- 3-3/4 cups (875 ml) of water
- 1 jar red roasted peppers, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) rice
- Brown onion in 1 tsp (5 ml) oil.
- Add garlic, then add chicken.
- Cook chicken for about 5 minutes turning over after about 2 minutes.
- Add water and rice.
- Add all seasonings
- Cook covered until rice is cooked.
- Lay roasted peppers on top and cover until they are hot.
- Serve with peas, if desired
- This recipe comes from my mothers family in Spain.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.