Print Friendly Recipe
- Wonderful breakfast/brunch casserole.
- Donna Ross
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). link sausage (i.e. sweet italian)
- 8 slices white bread
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). grated chedder cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) prepared mustard ("hot-dog mustard")
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vermouth
- Brown or parboil sausage and slice into small pieces.
- Remove crusts and cut bread into cubes.
- Spray 8 1/2 x 11 inch casserole with vegetable spray (i.e. Pam).
- Place bread in casserole.
- Cover with cheese and sausage.
- Mix together milk, eggs, and mustard.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Mix together soup and vermouth.
- Spoon over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour.
- Parboiling sausage removes some of the fat content.
Turkey Italian sausage, reduced fat cheese, fat-free mushroom soup and non-fat milk may be substituted
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.