Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 dozen or more
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) margerine
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (475 ml) 100% Bran
- 2 cups (475 ml) boiling water
- 1 qt. buttermilk
- 5 cups (1175 ml) flour
- 5 tsp (25 ml) soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 4 cups (950 ml) All-bran
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). chopped dates (opt.)
- nuts or raisins (opt.)
- Pour boiling water over 100% Bran and set aside.
- Cream sugar and margarine, add eggs and beat til fluffy.
- Add buttermilk and 100% Bran mixture (that was set aside).
- Sift flour, soda and salt and add into the batter.
- Fold in the All-bran and any other options.
- Store in refrigerator in a tightly sealed container up to 6 weeks.
- Spray muffin pans with vegetable spray (i.e. Pam).
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees (200 C.).
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.