Print Friendly Recipe
- mhb from nj
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). boneless lamb, cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried dillweed
- 2 cups (475 ml) sliced carrots
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced celery
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced onion
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 can chicken broth or beef broth
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) dairy sour cream (can use low fat)
- Brown lamb pieces in hot oil.
- Sprinkle in dillweed and garlic clove.
- Add broth and 1 cup (225 ml) water.
- Cover and simmer until meat is almost tender, about 35 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery and onions; cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Blend flour with 3/4 cup (175 ml) cold water.
- Stir into stew.
- Cook until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream; serve.
- Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Encyclopedia of Cooking.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.