Print Friendly Recipe
- Wonderfully seasoned ground meat mixture, shaped into sausages and cooked on skewers - served with a Tunisian salad
- Ground Meat Kefta:
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground meat (use any kind - good quality)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated onion
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dried mint, crumbled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). Spanish paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- Tunisian Chopped Vegetable Salad:
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 hot pepper, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). crumbled Egyptian mint (can subtitute regular)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). mild vinegar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). olive oil
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients, cover and let sit at room temp. for one hour.
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for an hour.
- While meat and skewers are "waiting", make salad:
- In seperate bowl, combine all salad ingredients, toss well to mix the flavors and oil and seasonings, and let marinate at room temp. until ready to serve.
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Dip hands into water, and shape about a third cup of meat into sausage shape kefta and put two on each skewer.
- Grill or broil until cooked, a few minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with salad and flat bread.
- Excellent dish.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.