Print Friendly Recipe
- An easy, elegant dessert that is always a crowd pleaser.
- 1 cup (225 ml) graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole graham crackers)
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped walnuts
- 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipped cream (1 cup (225 ml) carton or 1 package Dream Whip, mixed according to package directions
- 1 21 oz (588 grm). can blueberry or cherry pie filling
- In food processor:
- Crumb graham crackers.
- Blend in flour.
- Pour in melted butter from top while mixing.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Press into medium sized springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees; cool.
- Mix dream whip if necessary.
- Blend whipped cream or dream whip with powdered sugar and cream cheese.
- Pour onto cooled crust (in pan).
- Top with pie filling.
- Chill in pan until served.
- Place entire pan on serving platter.
- Loosen torte from edges with knife blade and remove outer ring.
- Pie filling will flow down over edges of torte.
- (More so if not well chilled)
- Over the years I've come to appreciate less sweet desserts. I have modified this one to have 1 pint whipping cream instead of 1 cup and reduced the powdered sugar to 1 1/2 cups. I think it is much improved!
This is what I consider a "pantry dessert" since most of the ingredients (if you use Dream Whip) are pantry items and I always have plenty of cream cheese (and butter) in the refrigerator to use for desserts, hor d'oeuvres, etc.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.