Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:12 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). honey or maple smoked bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked honey or regular ham, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 slices white bread, cubed
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked cubed potatoes or hash browns, thawed
- 3 cups (700 ml) shredded colby cheese (or 4 cups)
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) milk or half-n-half
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). worcestershire
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Add ham and onion.
- Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- In a well greased 13x9x2 baking dish layer half the bread cubes, potatoes and cheese.
- Top with all the bacon mixture.
- Repeat layers of bread, potatoes and cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk and seasonings.
- Pour over all and cover.
- Chill overnight.
- Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking.
- Uncover and bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for about 70 minutes, or until egg is cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.