Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 cup (225 ml) powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) scalded milk, cooled
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). fresh lemon juice
- Grated rind of 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla
- Beat egg yolk until thick and lemon colored; gradually add 3/4 cup (175 ml) powdered sugar while beating constantly; set aside.
- Mix remaining powdered sugar, cornstarch and salt; gradually pour on milk.
- Cook on top of double boiler for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly until thick, and afterward occasionally.
- Combine with egg mixture, and add lemon juice, rind, vanilla and stiffly beaten egg white.
- Cook sauce until hot, serve immediatly.
- This is a very old recipe from 1923.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.