Print Friendly Recipe
- Use as an appetizer course
- mhb from nj
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 pounds medium or large shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt(optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- dash tobasco sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) catsup
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) of a light salad oil
- Slice onions and soak in cool water for 1 hour.
- Cook shrimp, clean and allow to cool.
- Drain onions and mix with shrimp.
- In another bowl, combine all of the rest of the ingredients; mix well.
- Pour ingredients over shrimp and onions.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 8 hours; better over night.
- Drain and serve in shrimp cocktail glasses over shredded lettuce.
- Pass the remaining marinade as an option in case one wants more sauce.
- Adapted from PASS THE PLATE COOKBOOK.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.