Print Friendly Recipe
- Chuck found it on line.
Serves/Makes:About 7 pints
- 3-1/2 pounds cucumbers
- 1 cup (225 ml) lime
- 1 gallon (3.8 ltr) water
- 3-1/4 pounds sugar
- 1 quart (950 ml) white vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pickling spice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) celery seed
- Dissolve lime in water.
- Wash, then slice cucumbers 1/4 inch thick.
- Soak slices in lime water for 24 hours.
- Rinse 3 times and soak in clear water 4 hours.
- Change water every hour.
- Drain well.
- Cook sugar, vinegar and spices until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over slices and let stand overnight, covered.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook uncovered until clear, about 45 minutes.
- Pack in sterilized jars and pour liquid, leaving 1/2 inch head room.
- Seal and process in hot water bath for 5 minutes.
- Hope this is what your looking for.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.