Print Friendly Recipe
- Tender shredded beef slow cooked in flavorful and spicy sauce
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). beef cheek (or any beef roast)
- course salt and pepper
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) vinegar
- 6 lemons, juice only
- 6 onions, chopped
- small bottle of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 bottle of A-1 steak sauce
- 2 14 oz (392 grm). bottles of ketchup
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). butter melted
- Combine all sauce ingredients except for ketchup and butter to create initial sauce.
- Baste meat with sauce every fifteen minutes until about one hour before serving.
- Season beef with plenty of salt and pepper and allow to sit for one hour prior to cooking.
- After meat has set, place over hot coals and grill or roast in oven for about four hours or until very tender, basting frequently with sauce.
- One hour before serving, add ketchup and butter to remaining sauce mix and continue to baste meat every fifteen minutes until ready to serve.
- Serve with condiments of choice.
- Traditionally done in hot pit over coals with mesquite.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.